Saturday, March 20, 2010

What I do all week

Yeah, I know, I've kept you all in the dark so far about my schedule here. That is because it has taken a very long time to actually finalize it. I had to be very patient, but I finally got an internship and no longer twiddle my thumbs four days out of the week! So here you go:

Sunday:
  • Three hours of church in the morning at an Assemblies of God church that I walk to with my friend Emily
  • Lunch with my host family around 4pm, yeah it's really late
  • Hang out, maybe do some homework, if I have any
  • The best dinner in the entire week, Thiakry (yogurt and millet)
Monday:
  • Morning internship at Centre Talibou Dabo, a school for kids with physical disabilities. I am working with the physical and occupational therapists there to see how rehabilatative medicine works in this country.
  • Lunch at home with my cousin, Momo
  • Hang out the rest of the day
Tuesday:
  • 9-12 Islam in Senegal class taught in French by a Senegalese professor at WARC with other American students (like all of my classes)
  • 3-5 Wolof class
Wednesday:
  • 9-12 Gender and Development class
  • 3-6 French African Literature class
  • 7-9 Play soccer with a group of Senegalese guys at the American Club, if I have enough energy left
Thursday:
  • 10-12 Teach an English conversation class with Emily at the English Resource Center for University students majoring in English
  • 1-3 Wolof class
Friday:
  • Morning internship at Centre Talibou Dabo
  • Lunch at home
  • 6-8 Play soccer
Saturday:
  • Explore Senegal!

No comments:

Post a Comment