Monday, March 8, 2010

Toubacouta Kodak Moments

I spent the last four days in Toubacouta and the surrounding area with 16 other students. Our days were packed with travel, dancing, eating, and meeting locals. I have a lot to reflect on from my experience and will write more in the coming days. Until then, here are some pictures to enjoy from my time.

Professor Sène (the director of WARC) had us over to his compound in Sokone for lunch and dancing while we were en route to Toubacouta.



We spent a day and slept over with families in Keur Moussa Sény.
My host sister Awa saw my hair and was determined to braid it.


Delicious diner in Keur Moussa Sény
Freshly killed chicken (including the heart I ate) over a bed of lettuce, with a savory mustard vinagrette. I helped the preparation by chopping the onions, crying like a baby, and finally was promoted to the ever important job of holding the radio just right to get a good station signal.


Boubacar's bread baby


Keur Bah: My host compound
Complete with Mango tree, super friendly host siblings, and many hours of staring back and forth at each other because I don't understand Wolof very well


Visit of the mangroves in "little Cassamance"


Djembe and Dance lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment